Anambra Government has reiterated the ban on night club for one month to ensure safety of lives of its citizens across the state.
Mr C-Don Adinuba, Commissioner for Information and Public Enlightenment, made this known in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Thursday in Awka.
Adinuba urged all operators to comply with the directives on ban of night club activities.
He said that the ban was in response to reports of increased incidences of COVID-19 pandemic in various parts of the world where a new strain of the virus, more infectious, had been reported.
“We need to make precautionary steps to guard against any form of Coronavirus spread, as we may have returnees from outside the country with high incidences of COVID-19 to celebrate the Yuletide.
“The state government has decided to act swiftly to avoid a situation where a lockdown will be inevitable with its attendant challenges,” the commissioner said.
He said that suspending activities at night clubs was the first in the series of measures taken by the state government to protect residents against a second wave of the virus.
Adinuba said it was necessary for residents to observe social or physical distance of six metres in public functions, including during religious services.
According to him, residents have a duty to go the extra mile to make the state to remain the safest place in West Africa.
The commissioner warned that any defaulter would be arrested and prosecuted.
Adinuba urged all residents to comply with the COVID-19 directives throughout and after the festive season. (NAN)
Vanguard News Nigeria